When it comes to breastfeeding, comfort and convenience are of equal importance. Finding the perfect nursing top(s) can make a world of difference in your daily routine. At Simple Wishes, we are a team of moms who understand what you’re going through because we’ve been there. We're here to help you make an informed decision when selecting the best nursing top for you. In this guide, we'll cover everything you need to know about nursing tops, from their benefits to key factors to consider, and finally, our top recommendations.
Benefits of Nursing Tops
Nursing tops are specially designed garments that offer numerous advantages to breastfeeding moms. Here's a quick overview of why they are an essential addition to your wardrobe:
One of the primary benefits of nursing tops is the ease of access they provide. With discreetly placed openings or flaps, you can nurse your baby quickly and discreetly without the need to remove layers of clothing or expose more skin than necessary.
Nursing tops are typically made from soft and breathable materials, ensuring both you and your baby are comfortable during feeding sessions. Look for options with stretchy fabric that accommodates your changing body shape. Our range of nursing tops are made with buttery soft organic cottons and micro modal spandex jersey blends. Our customers comment often in reviews about the quality and softness of our fabrics.
Modern nursing tops come in a wide range of stylish designs, so you don't have to sacrifice fashion for function. From casual tees to office appropriate blouses, there's a nursing top to suit every taste and occasion.
Confidence & Privacy
Nursing tops offer added privacy while breastfeeding in public. Many designs feature built-in modesty panels or discreet layers to help you nurse with confidence, no matter where you are.
Key Factors to Consider
Select a nursing top that fits comfortably, allowing room for both your baby and you. Ensure it accommodates your postpartum body changes and doesn't feel too tight or restrictive. We have incorporated spandex for stretch into all of our nursing apparel.
Examine the nursing access mechanism, whether it's through discreet flaps, pull-down panels, or side zippers. Choose a style that you find most convenient, intuitive and that you will feel confident in and enjoy wearing.
. At Simple Wishes, we believe your nursing clothing can look just like regular clothes. We pride ourselves on our easy pull aside designs and our signature “Taut Knot” pull up panels that won’t bag or sag to give away the fact that you are wearing an article of clothing designed for breastfeeding (or pumping) ease.
Opt-in for nursing tops made from soft, breathable, and stretchy fabrics like cotton or modal jerseys with spandex in the blend. These materials provide comfort, ease of movement and the spandex provides gives the garment the elasticity and recovery to retain its shape over time. Our Christine Top
is a 24-hour wonder that multi-tasks like a mother. Featuring the “Taut Knot” found in our best-selling Debra
and Sofia Nursing Dresses
, no one will ever know these dresses were designed to making access to the breast easy.
Style & Occassion
Consider your lifestyle and wardrobe preferences. Are you looking for casual everyday tops, professional office clothing for your return-to-work after maternity leave, or workout-friendly nursing activewear? Our Abbi Nursing Top in Short Sleeve
, in a bright pop of color like Sangria, or a more subdued color like Dark Denim with Long Sleeves
. Either version can be dressed down with a pair of leggings or jeans or worn with a skirt or pants for work attire.
Nursing Bra Compatibility
Some nursing tops come with built-in bras or support features, while others require you to wear a separate nursing bra. Decide which option aligns with your comfort and support needs. Our Undercover Nursing Tank
is a great option, on its own, or layered under a tee shirt
Our Top Nursing Top Recommendations
Now that you're armed with valuable information, here are our top recommendations for nursing tops that combine style, comfort, and functionality:
The Abbi Sleeveless or Long Sleeve Nursing Top
- Fabric: Flowy and elegant micromodal spandex jersey blend.
- Nursing Access: Beautiful draping with pull aside access that offers great coverage.
- Style: Versatile and suitable for everyday wear dressed up or down.
- Sizes: XS-XL
The Christine Nursing Top
- Fabric: Soft and breathable modal spandex jersey blend.
- Nursing Access: Pull-up “Taut Knot” panel
- Style: Perfect pairing with your favorite pants or skirt. Also check out the matching Christine Lounge Pants.
- Sizes: XS-XL. Designed to drape beautifully on postpartum figures.
The Keren Nursing Sweatshirt Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve
- Fabric: Fluffy soft organic cotton, Tencel™ Modal blend with a brushed finish on the inside.
- Nursing Access: Pull-down panel hidden by a faux raglan seam at the shoulders.
- Style: This is a “dressy” sweatshirt with the cute pintuck in the sleeves. Wear it with matching sweatpants or dressed up with a statement necklace and heels for the office.
- Sizes: XS-XL
The Undercover Nursing Tank
- Fabric: Breathable, light and stretchy modal spandex jersey blend.
- Nursing Access: Built-in nursing bra with easy-release clips. BONUS: bra straps are removable so you can convert to a "normal" tank without nursing clasps when your breastfeeding journey comes to an end.
- Style: Ideal on its own or for the base layer under other tops.
- Sizes:XS-XL. Supportive and comfortable without being compressive.
In conclusion, finding the best nursing top is a personal journey that depends on your unique needs and preferences. At Simple Wishes, we're committed to helping you make the right choice by offering a range of nursing tops that cater to different lifestyles and fashion sensibilities. By considering factors like fit, nursing access, fabric, style, and nursing bra compatibility, you can confidently select the nursing tops that will enhance your breastfeeding experience.